Chicken Cutlets are considered a comfort food in most of the Syrian Christian families…… although it was an exception at my place…..We were so used to the yummy chicken cutlets from Cochin Bakery…..and how can i not mention the cutlets from Kalanthans??? Some of the best cutlets ever….For guys who’ ve not been to Kozhikode, I would say you’ve missed the Food Paradise……Anyways, lets get back to cutlets…
The best part about cutlets is that you can make the patties well in advance, and freeze it…..for those lazy days….and these are easy to make , and extremely satisfying..Need more? You can have them for breakfast (with bread), lunch (with rice and Moru kachiyathu), even kids lunchboxes, with tea and even for dinner.(rolled into chapathis)…A food item that goes with anything at any time of the day..
Starter/appetiser…along with main course…..This chicken cutlet is an all rounder…..
When I thought of options for easter recipes, this is what came to my mind….Easter is very special, and you definitely need a full table to feast on…So why not make some things ahead, so that you can relax during the feast day??..
The recipe is pretty basic and simple, and if you follow it to the T, it should work out well..you could use the recipe for making veg cutlets as well….an easy way to get kids to eat some veggies and protein…These can be deep fried or pan fried too….
Ok…now why dont you guys go read the recipe, and make it for your family? Your family and kids will thank you for it…
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 12-15
- In a skillet, heat oil, and add ginger garlic paste. Saute until the raw smell turns into a nice aroma...Add onions, and saute till they are slightly browned..
- Add green chillies and the chopped curry leaves...Add garam masala, and pepper and fry it for a few seconds....
- To this, add the minced chicken and the mashed potatoes...Give all these a quick stir, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, until you can handle it. Roll them into patties, round or oval.
- Heat the oil Make sure its really hot. Meanwhile, dip the patties into the beaten egg, roll them in breadcrumbs..Tip away excess crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil...Drain them in paper towels, before serving them to your loved ones....
- I used shredded chicken...Just half cook the chicken in a saucepan, and pulse it in the mixer for 2 seconds max. Dont over do it..
- These can be made ahead, and can be freezed for upto a month...But dont worry, it will get over before that 🙂